You have made enough coffee and have thrown enough coffee grounds away. Stop! Don't throw those coffee grounds away ever again. There are several things that you can do with coffee grounds and the leftover coffee. Here are some things that you can use the coffee grounds for:
- Coffee Play dough- How about making a playdough that smells nice, has a gritty smooth texture, and is Eco-friendly. I have the recipe for you. Check out "coffee playdough" on this blog.
- Mud Pudding-Kids love this idea! Make a small batch of chocolate pudding. Dab it on a piece of paper. Sprinkle a little bit of coffee grounds on top. Add a couple of gummy worms and let your children have a great time finger painting their own muddy spring pictures. When they are done, set the pictures out in the sun to dry.
- Compost-Put the coffee grounds in your compost bin. They mix in really well.
- Gardening- Sprinkle the coffee grounds on your flowers or in your garden. It helps the soil by making it moist and nourishing the soil. It functions as a fertilizer. Also, the coffee grounds are great when it comes to getting rid of pests in the garden.
- Cook with It- On this blog, I have supplied you with several great recipes that call for brewed coffee or coffee grounds. There is a great recipe to make Biscotti with coffee in it from February 6th.
- Donate it- There are several Child-Care centers out there that are always looking for coffee grounds because they just love to make coffee playdough, to put it in their sensory tables, or even make the mud pudding with it. You could donate it to your friends for gardening with. How about making a batch of your favorite recipe made with coffee grounds and giving that away?
- These are just a few ideas to help you use your coffee grounds, but there are plenty more ideas out there. Be creative!:)
- Please, the next time that you are throwing your coffee grounds out, STOP! Do something with them instead.